Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: New stuff...clues?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Crazy4AG7's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How come Julie, who we know nothing about is already trademarked, but Emily isn't? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty sure Emily is trademarked. I think this thread just has the trademarks that weren't immediately recognized.

    I'm thinking Julie is either the next LE or a new historical-- but boy are we going to be disappointed if it is a new feature in AG Magazine and not a doll! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I think all of the girls, except maybe Kaya (not sure about her), would be appropriate for teas. Tea has been big in this country since colonial times and little girls still have tea parties for their dolls today. They may drink lemonade instead of teas, but the term is still used for dressing up and setting a nice table and sitting down with dolls and friends. I think AGP birthday celebrations are a good bet for the tea trademarks-- sounds like fun to me!

    I wish they would trademark Ruthie... [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw the trademark list before coming here this evening, and I double checked and Emily ISN'T on the list! I wasn't sure if it was because she hasn't been officially released yet, or if it's because they're unable to get a trademark on her. I didn't notice "Julie", though...


    Also, I thought the Tea was referring to the birthday tea sets that all the dolls have, but I think the AGP tea parties sounds like a likely option, too!


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e576c1">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They've been golding birthday teas for the historicals at AGP for two years now. That's where the trademark comes from.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's going to freak me out so much to have a doll with my name. [img]frown.gif[/img] She'd better be totally awesome! (And yeah, I'd thought the teas were from AGPs as well.)

    Everything that makes girls click must have to do with the Internet; it's such a pun. (Either that or they're branching into Lego blocks, but I kinda doubt that. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

  6. #16
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Crazy4AG7:
    How come Julie, who we know nothing about is already trademarked, but Emily isn't? [img]confused.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know why Emily isn't on the trademark list on the AG page, but I checked the United States Patent and Trademark Office website. This is what it said about Emily (sorry if it's confusing, but you can see her name linked to toys and American Girl):

    Word Mark EMILY
    Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: TOYS, GAMES AND PLAYTHINGS
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Design Search Code
    Serial Number 78745363
    Filing Date November 2, 2005
    Current Filing Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Owner (APPLICANT) AMERICAN GIRL, LLC LTD LIAB CO DELAWARE M1-1518 333 CONTINENTAL BLVD. EL SEGUNDO CALIFORNIA 902455012
    Attorney of Record MICHAEL MOORE
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

    So it looks like Emily IS trademarked...

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 10:34 PM: Message edited by: pidgetgirl ]</font>

  7. #17
    Inactive Member kitswift22007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]
    [QB]
    Attorney of Record MICHAEL MOORE
    [QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Michael Moore? What does Michael Moore have to do with AG? Ok, I'm sure it's a different Michael Moore, but still...
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Julie is the next LE, I think, and the new historical (Russian Jewish immigrant) is to be called Rebecca.

    Also, the Birthday Teas are something held at AGPs every year to celebrate the birthdays of each historical. And Girls Express is a department in AG Magazine.

    Yup...

  8. #18
    *AG Star*
    Guest *AG Star*'s Avatar

    Post

    Look to the Past - Learn for the Future is a line from "The Best That I Can Be" (the song on the CD that comes with the book with the same title). I don't think that "Everything that Makes Girls Click" has been used anywhere yet - maybe they were planning on using it for the club before they decided to close it. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    MickeyFan
    Guest MickeyFan's Avatar

    Post

    Julie is the next LE, I think, and the new historical (Russian Jewish immigrant) is to be called Rebecca.

    Also, the Birthday Teas are something held at AGPs every year to celebrate the birthdays of each historical. And Girls Express is a department in AG Magazine.
    [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think the next historical is going to be Rebecca. She might come after the next one, but I don't believe she is the next one. The stores might hold the teas every year, but I am sure there is something new along these lines coming as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member becnicjamsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    34
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by kitswift22007:
    [QB] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    [QB]
    Attorney of Record MICHAEL MOORE
    [QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Michael Moore? What does Michael Moore have to do with AG? Ok, I'm sure it's a different Michael Moore, but still...
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He's proving that this hostboard is all a conspiracy...that's why AG is scared of us *grin*.
    Sarah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •